Friday 27 March 2009

Count me in for the summer meet up Ali if it goes ahead -as you say much better for Peter to see the individual dogs in action however have found is advice very useful. I agree with you about Evies lack of exposure to cars being the source of her problem - this is my main priority with Evie at the moment so we will be spending a lot of time car watching and visiting car parks (what fun!). As for the recall well we have got to work hard on that - she is fine on a long lead but as you pointed out once they are off the lead then all goes to pot. Its a difficult balance to achieve as I don't want to restrict her to lead walking as I think she would explode with frustration and pent up energy but I need to get her to focus on me. I think though that I have allowed her too much freedom too soon. I dont have horses (yet!!!- working on that one) but we do have our own land and she does go off hunting when I am out with the children. We have restricted her access now so she is only allowed in the field when I am with her. I am sure patience and perserverance will pay off. The good news is that Evie is now clean in the house - I kept her on the brand of food she was on but put her on to adult food as you suggested along with the cranberry. That along with your other tips as just transformed her so thank you Ali.