Thursday 25 September 2008

Glad Tarka is doing well and that rescue boy got a home.
Great pics.
Ilka finished her season so should be ok with the friends dogs coming down on sat, the last few days of her season Sid finally worked out he was a boy but by then Ilka was getting less interested.
The other day I was going into the field with the dogs and some one I knew was coming up the road with a dog so both dogs pulled and tried to get to it, while I was hopping about in the gateway trying to avoid some dog mess* then some how (they must have caught me off balance) I ended flat on my front a lead in each hand, half in the hedge (to avoid dog mess) and digging my toes in the ground you get the idea, the girl then went past so could drag them back, I laughed but with one arm in stinging nettles and the other inches away from dog mess it was not much fun (at the time though now quite funny) then coming out the field she was coming back but I'd got out the gate way so made them sit and all was fine.
*(not ours aperson must have let there dog do it and not picked it up, the last time Dad caught some one letting there dog do this he picked it up on a shovel walked down the road with it into the village, the person happened to be stood in there porch chatting to a neighbour so he said 'I think this is yours', through it in their hall and walked back home lol)
Ilka used to get excited and pee she grew out of it but can still get excited though you can stop her from getting really daft.