Friday 19 September 2008

Tarka

Ali, sorry to hear about Tarka. I had a German Shepherd with Pancreatitis, but she was quite young at the time and recovered well. All I can remember is the vomit and awful smelling mucus type poo. She was given some kind of crystals to mix in with her food for a few months until she was better. I was warned that it could re-occur, but thankfully it never did. I hope that Tarka gets her strength back soon, will be thinking of you both. I'll collect my calendar and pay you at the show if that's okay (I think you said in your e-mail that would be alright) - let me know if it's not and I'll pop a check in the post.
My "lodgers" should be off later today, and the house should be more peacefull and cleaner! I popped out last night so tied up the door to the living room with a dressing gown cord to stop Six getting at the front door and locking me out again. He even managed to get past that, and then tried to chew his way through the cord to get back in with the others! Thankfully he didn't manage to lock me out this time. The street then had a power cut, so I had a couple of hours in candle light. This, amazingly seemed to have a very calming effect on all the dogs, maybe it was some kind of aromatherapy??????