Saturday 20 September 2008

Tarka update

Tarka is back home with me after spending the day in the vets on a drip, but thats another story.......

It is not her pancreas but it is her live causing this problems. The vet was very doom and gloom but I have to say she has really picked up, she has been given a prescription diet which she is actually eating very well, she now drinking as well so no more syringing, her skin is not tight on her body now and she is just so much brighter. Fingers crossed it's just a blip, afterall the liver can regenerate itself and it was not complete failure. The odd thing is I had full bloods and urine tests done three weeks ago as part of her MOT and she was pronounces 100% fit nothing was wrong. So that points to a viral problem even more.

Thanks to all for your kind words in e mail and phone calls, have to say it's been so worrying, my special girl Tarka means the world to me and yes she is 13 1/2 but she has been so fit and well that I can't believe it's total liver failure (the vets don't know if it is a virus of complete failure, the only way they will know is by how she picks up or not) she is so much brighter and happier, not out of the woods yet but I feel positive. God I hope I'm right.