Wednesday 17 September 2008

Showig

I'm glad that I'm allowed to kneel down, with my back the way it is I don't think I'd be able to bend over her to get the stand right! With regards to Crufts, I definately want to go this year, I missed it last year as I was over in France with my Dad at the time. So, unless Cassie manages anything at the Midlands Counties show next month, I'd be grateful for any cheap ticket that may be going! I haven't even checked the dates yet, when is it?

I am now counting the days until my sister gets back from Italy. These four dogs are wearing me out. This morning the eldest one (a staffie cross who's 12) decided to change his normal habit of coming halfway on the walk and then sitting down and waiting for me to pick him up on the way back. Instead he decide to take himself off on his own walk. I walked the other 3 as usual, did my normal circuit, expecting to find him sitting, watching the world go by - but no sign of him! I took the others back and went hunting. Me and another dog owner looked all over the place, I was just about to start phoning the police and the dogs homes when I spotted him. Quite happily ambling along the sea wall, heading away from home - good job he's slow on his feet!

I was in a panic, it's bad enough when it's one of your own, let alone someone elses! Thankfully, only two more days to go. Six managed to lock me out the house again this evening, I had rigged a bit of rope around the living room door handle to stop him being able to get to the front door (which is the one that he keeps knocking the latch down on) and he still managed to get in and do it again. I had (wisely) left the back door unlocked and the gate unbolted, so at least I didn't have to climb any roofs this time. Friday can't come quick enough!