Thursday 23 October 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ceildih, Ilka, Tally and all the Diva & Jiggy babies (big babies now!)

Love the photos of Ilka, Hudson and Sid and the videos of Ceilidh are great - looks like she is very happy to be home with you Elspeth!

Hudson is huge Zoe - a whole two inches bigger than Maggie who is only 23in.

Well done Karen with getting the whistle and book - you'll have loads of fun teaching her if nothing else )lol Good luck - would love to hear how it's going. One thing that's been working for me instead of treats, which quite honestly she isn't interested in on walks anyway is a play with a ball. I keep one in my pocket and when I call her back instead of a treat she gets a throw of the ball, then it goes back in my pocket. - This morning I was thrilled with her. She ran off into a field next to the woods into a flock of pheasants. I heard a whole commotion of pheasants flying up and Maggie yipping. I blew the whistle and she came back - on first whistle! THRILLED to bits with her!

SORE ELBOWS
On another note - I have noticed Maggie has sores on her elbows. Not sure what is causing it but think it might be lying on the carpet in evening chewing her bones - sort of like carpet burns. She has soft beds to lie in and sofas but often will lie on the floor in preference - anyone any suggestions - don't want them getting any worse - one elbow looks quite sore.