Saturday 18 October 2008

Pheasants Everywhere!

Just got back from a walk with Maggie. There were flocks of young pheasants everywhere! Maggie ran into the middle of the first one we came accross, took me by suprise and her too I think! She sent them all up into the air, running after ones that hadn't flown up to make sure they did too - all the time me whistling her to come back and being ignored. Once all up she came back and I did some hide and find with the ball to get her focus back on me as she was quite worked up by now. We walked on but soon realised that these pheasants were all over the fields and had a hard time trying to keep her attention on me. She did only seem interested in getting them up in the air though and didn't run off too far, but if this is what I have to come over the next few months going to be hard work I think! The sound of the pheasants gets her so hyped up - I should put her on the lead but my back is still weak so I will either have to walk her somewhere else for a while or try to keep control of her - which should be a challenge!