Wednesday 12 November 2008

Well done

to Sophie with Ilka, it sounds like you have Ilka well under control. I really think we have to be careful with Domino around here at the moment. We've seen deer the last two days and Domino goes ballistic on her lead, if she was off lead, I don't think I'd see her for dust or mud as it is now. We went to the social group again this week, there must have been 25 dogs there, Domino is doing really well with them all, still gets in a bit of trouble with the collies, but she's getting better.

Maggie sounds like she is being very good too Karen. Is your mother's whippet OK now? My mum also has a whippet, totally mad, and often scrapes itself from just not looking where she's going. We always had whippets when I was younger too and knew many of them would have a gash down it's back from barbed wire fence at least once in it's lifetime.

Now tomorrow evening I have 6 or 7 people coming round here to start up a book club, just an excuse to have a drink every few weeks I think. Domino will have fun sitting on all of them I expect.

I haven't made much progress with the whistle yet, but I am getting a quicker reaction to sit and down in the garden here. Once I'm happy with that I'll introduce the whistle. A couple of people at the social group use a whistle and their dogs do respond well. Domino doesn't stray more than a few yards from me at the group, I'm hoping she will get a bit more adventurous and then can test her recall there.