Saturday 25 July 2009

Long Time ..no speak.

Hi all. Sorry haven't posted for quite a while...not been well and just couldn't motivate myself at all. However, I have read the blog every day and thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the wonderful photos of growing puppies and oldies and following everybody's news. The photos of Evie are amazing Tess, I can't believe how much her colouring has changed and she was such a chunky pup as well. It made me look back at Ghillie's puppy pics; he has retained the lighter colouring with mega amounts of flecking and was also very chunky. There is no mistaking he is a boy at that stage and had a lovely head and I really do wonder now how much their problems during their first few months have affected their ongoing maturity. Sadly, Ghillie is unwell again and has dropped all the weight we worked so hard to put on him. Once again blood and stools have gone off for analysis, he is back on antibiotics and 5 meals a day of fish and potato. He is absolutely full of himself...not ill at all in the way he behaves. Unfortunately, Jig- one of my collies is also ill now, although the vet thinks it is a different bug as he has definately not been well, so he is also on medication and a fish and rice diet. I sat up all night with him and Ghillie last Wednesday as both were so poorly, I was too worried to leave them. They both seem to be on the mend but now I am worried about reintroducing their normal diets in case they relapse. Think I will continue with fish/potato/rice until at least Monday and then gradually start to reintroduce their original diets. It was great to see that one of the 'Eternal, litter went home with a placing at Leeds; sadly we didn't go for obvious reasons. I am now hoping that things will be sorted in time for SKC.
I have been doing hpr training with the GSP club and Ghillie and I really enjoy it. We have a lonhg way to go to reach Jim and Brodie's standard but we shall persevere. Will try to get some piccies up when Ghillie is a little better. So pleased that all the 'Eternals' are doing so well.
Hugggzzz Lindsey