Monday 27 July 2009

Two? I prefer 10!!!!

I have always found two are easier than one as they do keep each company when your out and they will entertain each other BUT you do need to have the time to train them individually, if there are two of you to share the training it does help. Like Karen said a gap between the two to get the basics done. Sarah I find boys easier and calmer than girls anyway, so not sure it's Kaia's fault more to do with her hormones really, it's funny though as Maggie never seems mad and they are litter sisters!!!
Having said all that I have kept litter brother and sister four times over the years, and have never just had two dogs!!!! 10 is a good number to have though!!! Perhaps I am a Munster junky!! Judith always says even numbers are best as it means you can take them out in pairs and leave them home in pairs works out fairer and easier. The down side is if you don't have the basics done you could end up with two hooligans and the youngster can learn all the bad habits off the older one and you may end up with two bogging off instead of the one!!! I think deep down we all know what is best for our lifestyles and family home. I certainly would go more than 10, as I don't have enough sofa's of big enough bed!!!!!
Lovely pictures again and great Video of young Theo, now he is a big character John, sure he would love company, he would teach the young one to stand on his shoulders so he could reach even higher!!!!!!