Wednesday 29 July 2009

News

Narla paid Logi a visit in Hampshire yesterday, and everything went really well. It was definitely love at first sight, although I believe Logi has been eyeing Narla up at shows for some time !!!
So fingers crossed I should be having a litter of puppies on my Birthday 29th September, how exciting will that be !!! Obviously it could be a few days either way, but if I share a birthday with my new puppy, that will be the best present ever.
Thanks Ali, for everything yesterday, and making us so welcome.

I have catching up on the recent post and a couple of things I have used in the past might be of help, for pulling or walking a number of dogs, have a look at these head collars.

www.dogmatic.org.uk

Narla and Morgan both have one, to be honest I don't use them that much now, but they do stop your arms being pulled out of the sockets, when they are in full hunting mode, and they don't tighten up, they are a very kind form of control, and I can walk both dogs on two fingers when they are on, they are made on the same principle as a horses head collar.
You have to put them on for short periods at first so the dog gets used to them, but they are very handy when walking a number of dogs together, or for a strong puller.

My Old Golden Retriever was terrified of fireworks, and we used to start him on this product prior to the firework season, but I have a friend who has Weimaraners, one of whom was terribly ring shy, she also used this product and eventually made her up as a Sh Ch so may be worth a try with nervous dogs, does not contain any drugs, all completely natural ingredients, but it is highly recommended by vets, I have seen it stocked in Pets at Home.
Serene - UM Large Breed www.markandchappell.com
I have used Valerian in the past with a pony, and that also worked very well, as a calmative.

Fortunately now I am very lucky as Narla and Morgan are pretty well bombproof, nothing really bothers them, although Morgan ( Springer Spaniel) is not very happy with strange men, once she has seen them a few times she is fine, but if strange man approaches her she backs off. Funny as she is fine with women, but I think it has more to do with her upbringing and how she was reared (long story) than anything else.